Ruan Mei is a five-star Ice combat-type character in Honkai Star Rail belonging to The Harmony Path, whose character kit makes her a great support unit. On par with or even better than Bronya and some other top supports in the game.
She is a great buffer who can significantly help your DPS, like Jingliu and other units. So, if you plan on getting her when she makes her debut during the first half of the version 1.6 update, you must know how to build her.
Do not worry, as in this guide, we are going to talk about the best build for Ruan Mei in Honkai Star Rail, going over the best Light Cones, Relic, and Planar Sets & Team Comps for her.
We have made minor changes to the build on December 25, 2023.
Best Build For Ruan Mei
The best build for Ruan Mei focuses on increasing her Energy Gain, SPD, Break Effect, and other such attributes to increase the efficiency of her skills and make her ultimate support.
So, we will be focusing on Relics and Planar Sets that increase the aforementioned attributes, though if you have any suggestions regarding any particular Relic, Planar Set or Light Cone, let us know in the comments.
That being said, if you want to pre-farm Ruan Mei’s materials, check out our guide on all Ascension and Trace materials for Ruan Mei.
Note: This is a pre-release build and is subject to change as we move closer to Ruan Mei’s official release.
Best Light Cones For Ruan Mei
The best Light Cone for Ruan Mei is none other than her signature five-star Light Cone, Past Self in Mirror, whose skill instantly regenerates 10 Energy for the wearer at the start of each wave.
Moreover, at the same time, it also increases the DMG dealt for all allies by 15% after Ruan Mei uses her skill, increasing All-Type PEN for all SPD Boosted allies by 6%.
That being said, these effects last for three turns, which is more than enough for your DPS and Sub DPS units to deal substantial damage and turn the tide of the battle in your favour.
Apart from Past Self in Mirror, you can also use the ‘But the Battle Isn’t Over‘ Light Cone as an alternative, as it also increases Ruan Mei’s Energy Regeneration Rate by 10% and regenerates 1 Skill Point when she uses her Ultimate on an ally.
On top of that, “this effect can be triggered after every 2 uses of the wearer’s Ultimate. When the wearer uses their Skill, the next ally taking action (except the wearer) deals 30% more DMG for 1 turn(s).”
Lastly, if you want to pre-farm for Past Self in Mirror Light Cone, check out our guide on Past Self in Mirror Ascension materials and how you can get them in Honkai Star Rail. On that note, if you are interested in learning more about Ruan Mei’s English and Japanese VA, we have got you covered.
Best Relics & Planar Sets For Ruan Mei
Here are some of the best Relics and Planar Sets that you can use on Ruan Mei:
- Messenger Traversing Hackerspace
- Thief of Shooting Meteor
- Broken Keel
- Talia: Kingdom of Banditry
- Fleet of the Ageless
Messenger Traversing Hackerspace
Here is the set bonus you get upon equipping Messenger Traversing Hackerspace Relic:
- 2-Piece Bonus: Increases SPD by 6%.
- 4-Piece Bonus: When the wearer uses their Ultimate on an ally, SPD for all allies increases by 12% for 1 turn(s). This effect cannot be stacked.
Thief of Shooting Meteor
Here is the set bonus you get upon equipping Thief of Shooting Meteor Relic:
- 2-Piece Bonus: Increases Break Effect by 16%.
- 4-Piece Bonus: Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 16%. When the wearer inflicts Weakness Break on an enemy, regenerates 3 Energy.
Here is the set bonus you get upon equipping Thief of Shooting Meteor Planar Set:
- 2-Piece Bonus: Increases the wearer’s Effect RES by 10%. When the wearer’s Effect RES is at 30% or higher, all allies’ CRIT DMG increases by 10%.
Talia: Kingdom of Banditry
Here is the set bonus you get upon equipping Talia: Kingdom of Banditry Planar Set:
- 2-Piece Bonus: Increases the wearer’s Break Effect by 16%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 145 or higher, the wearer’s Break Effect increases by an extra 20%.
Fleet of the Ageless
Here is the set bonus you get upon equipping Fleet of the Ageless Planar Set:
- 2-Piece Bonus: Increases the wearer’s Max HP by 12%. When the wearer’s SPD reaches 120 or higher, all allies’ ATK increases by 8%.
Best Team Comps For Ruan Mei
Here are some of the pre-release team comps that can work well with Ruan Mei:
Team Comp 1
- Ruan Mei
- Silver Wold
- Fu Xuan
Team Comp 2
- Ruan Mei
- MC (Harmony) / Bronya
Team Comp 3
- Ruan Mei
For more guides on Honkai Star Rail, check out:
- Honkai Star Rail Logistics Planning: Plan Routes, Unlock Stores, Street Side Events & More
- Honkai Star Rail Imbibitor Lunae Build: Best Light Cones, Relics & Team Comps For Dan Heng IB